Episode 13: Drones
Welcome to the thirteenth episode of the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and political) news.
In this episode, we talk about Isaac Asimov's "First Law of Robotics," the FAA's new rules on drones, the militarization of technology, and killer robots.
Here are the articles we referenced:
- "Unmanned Aircraft Systems" on the FAA's website
- "Fly with caution: DJI increasing restrictions on where customers can fly their drones" via Imagine Resource
- "Should You Be Allowed to Prevent Drones From Flying Over Your Property?" in The Wall Street Journal
- "Dad, son fight FAA over gun-firing, flame-throwing drones" in The Washington Post
- "Dallas police reveal details of bomb-carrying robot it used as a 'last resort'" in The Guardian
- "The Bomb Robot Drone Killing Precedent" by Marcy Wheeler
Under the Second Amendment, shouldn't all Americans have the right to own killer robots?— Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet) July 9, 2016
Feedback is whatever.