Episode 23: Open or Not
Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and political) news.
In this episode, we talk about algorithms, transparency, openness, and the end of the Internet.
Here are some of the stories we referenced:
- "Artificial intelligence is hard to see" by Kate Crawford and Meredith Whittaker
- "Google Enlisted Obama Officials to Lobby States on Driverless Cars" via the Campaign for Accountability
- "A Ride in Uber's Self-Driving Car" in The New Yorker
- "Carl Malamud Has Standards" by Steven Levy
- "The Overselling of Open" by Jim Groom
- "Institutionalized" by Mike Caulfield
- "Institutions and Openness" by Stephen Downes
- "Sustainability of Open" by Maha Bali
- "Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet" by Bruce Schneier
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)