Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and the politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about Facebook, algorithms, and politics, as well as about certification and the legitimization of new technologies.
Here are some of the stories we referenced:
- "Facebook Lets Advertisers Exclude Users by Race" via ProPublica
- "Here's Why Facebook's Trending Algorithm Keeps Promoting Fake News" via Buzzfeed
- "Inside the Trump Bunker, With Days to Go" via Bloomberg
- "The Inevitability of Being Hacked" via The Atlantic
- "Looking At The Latest API Related Certification Stories" by Kin Lane
- "IBM Watson and Udacity want developers to learn AI online" via Techcrunch
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)