Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and the politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about Trump, totalitarianism, swamps, and how we are going to build anti-fascist technologies and communities moving forward.
Here are some of the stories we referenced:
- "Facebook, in Cross Hairs After Election, Is Said to Question Its Influence" via The New York Times
- "Despite Zuckerberg's Protests, Fake News Does Better on Facebook Than Real News. Here's Data to Prove It." by Mike Caulfield
- "Facebook and Twitter Are Probably Making Google a Liar as Well" by Mike Caulfield
- "Ctrl+Z: Silicon Valley leaders U-turn on Donald Trump" via The Guardian
- "Peter Thiel's Bet on Donald Trump Pays Off" via The New York Times
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)