Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and the politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about misinformation, disinformation, conspiracy theories, the Russians, and digital polarization.
Here are some of the stories we referenced:
- "The 'Comet Pizza' Gunman Provides a Glimpse of a Frightening Future" via The Atlantic
- "The Comet Ping Pong Gunman Answers Our Reporter's Questions" via The New York Times
- "Obama Orders Investigation Into Election-Related Hacking" via Bloomberg
- "Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House" via The Washington Post
- "Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft team up to tackle extremist content" via The Guardian
- "Trump's Antagonistic Tweet Tests The Limits of Twitter's Rules" via Buzzfeed
- "Announcing the Digital Polarization Initiative, an Open Pedagogy Project" by Mike Caulfield
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)