Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and the politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about Russian hacking, Twitter harassment, and Facebook versus the public sphere.
Here are the stories we referenced:
- "Declassified report says Putin 'ordered' effort to undermine faith in U.S. election and help Trump" via The Washington Post
- "German police 'shook heads in disbelief' at Breitbart News reporting of New Year's Eve events in Dortmund" via The Independent
- "WikiLeaks wants to create a database of verified Twitter users and who they interact with" via Recode
- "'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Suspended From Twitter After Harassing A Teen Vogue Writer" via Buzzfeed
- "I've left Twitter. It is unusable for anyone but trolls, robots and dictators" by Lindy West
- "Renewing Medium's focus" by Ev Williams
- "Self-Proclaimed Inventor of Email Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Techdirt's Mike Masnick" via The Hollywood Reporter
- "Mark Zuckerberg Is Sure Acting Like Someone Who Might Run for President" via Wired
- "Facebook’s New Head of News Partnerships, Campbell Brown, Has Deep Ties to Trump Nominee" via The Intercept
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)