Welcome to the Contrafabulists podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about machine learning and machine intelligence and the future of human knowledge. What is obscured when we use metaphorical language to discuss computer programming?
Warning: This episode contains cursing. (Blame Kin.) Apologies. We are really trying to make this a PG / PG-13 podcast.
Here are the stories we referenced:
- "Cloud Video Intelligence" and "Cloud Vision API" from Google
- "Google's featured snippets are worse than fake news" by Adrianne Jeffries
- "Google's Algorithm Is Lying to You About Onions and Blaming Me for It" by Tom Scocca
- "How 'News Literacy' Gets the Web Wrong" by Mike Caulfield
- "The Truth About the WikiLeaks C.I.A. Cache" by Zeynep Tufekci
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)