Welcome to the Contrafabulists podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about Trump's budget proposal, federal technology initiatives, microwave opens as spyware, and other lies about technology's capabilities.
Warning: This episode contains cursing. Apologies. We really are trying to make this a PG / PG-13 podcast.
Here are the stories we referenced:
- Photos from our trek to the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park via Flickr
- "What Trump cut in his budget" via The Washington Post
- "Online Tool to Apply for College Aid Was Taken Down Due to 'Criminal Activity'" via The Wall Street Journal
- "No, Microwave Ovens Cannot Spy on You -- for Lots of Reasons" via Wired
- "Why does WikiLeaks keep publishing U.S. state secrets? Private contractors" via The Washington Post
- "Kurzweil Claims That the Singularity Will Happen by 2045" via Futurism.com
- "Uber's autonomous cars drove 20,354 miles and had to be taken over at every mile, according to documents" via Recode
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)