Welcome to the Contrafabulists podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we discuss Yahoo, Amazon, Uber, misogyny, and monopolies. Sorry, this episode runs a little long.
Here are the stories we referenced:
- "Knight Institute Demands That President Unblock Critics on Twitter" via the Knight First Amendment Institute
- "Amazon to Buy Whole Foods for $13.4 Billion" via The New York Times
- "Amazon granted a patent that prevents in-store shoppers from online price checking" via The Verge
- "Uber Fires 20 Employees After Sexual Harassment Claim Investigation" via NPR
- "Uber Fires Executive Over Handling of Rape Investigation in India" via The New York Times
- "David Bonderman Resigns From Uber Board After Sexist Remark" via The New York Times
- "Uber CEO Travis Kalanick takes leave of absence" via Techcrunch
- "The Histories of Personalized Learning" by Audrey
- "'The Brave Little Surveillance Bear' and Other Stories We Tell About Robots Raising Children" by Audrey
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)