Welcome to the Contrafabulists podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' (somewhat) weekly discussion of the latest technology (and politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about how the technology industry and the technology press missed the whole Russian bot thing. Oh and AltSchool. Audrey might have rambled on about AltSchool.
Here are the stories we referenced:
- "Silicon Valley Tried to Reinvent Schools. Now It's Rebooting" via Bloomberg
- "Tech Executives Are Contrite About Election Meddling, but Make Few Promises on Capitol Hill" via The New York Times
- "Russian Influence Reached 126 Million Through Facebook Alone" via The New York Times
- "Facebook, Under Fire in Russia Inquiry, Posts 79% Rise in Profit" via The New York Times
- "Twitter Sidestepped Russian Account Warnings, Former Worker Says" via Bloomberg
- "Kremlin Cash Behind Billionaire's Twitter and Facebook Investments" via The New York Times
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)